Tuesday 8 September 2015

The Clone Wars


Continuing my observations on dress and gender, I work in an office where Mon-Thurs the dress code is business casual. That means all the men wear a shirt and trousers. Shorts are not allowed even when the office air conditioning is on the blink. Looking round the office all us men are wearing the same shirts with some basic colour deviation with the same dark trousers and shoes.
Now for women it's different, you see trouser suits, dresses, strappy tops, blouses, skirts, boots, flats, heels, cardigans etc all in a dazzling display of colours and patterns.
I went out to a 'Vegas' themed party the other night, again that meant for men you had a choice of suit or tux. The women wore a fabulous variety of dresses, hairdos, makeup, handbags, accessories and so on.
I'd love to have the same variation in my own wardrobe, this is one of the reasons I look forward to being dressed. I'm not a clone, I want to break the mold. It's society that wants my to stay confined within my gender boundaries :(

No comments:

Post a Comment